Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jekyll Island

I had the opportunity to photograph two weddings in Georgia this year. I haven't spent much time in Georgia and what time I have spent there has usually been in the Atlanta area. This year, I had my first chance to see some of Georgia's beautiful coastal areas. Since my time there involved photographing a wedding, I didn't get to spend alot of time "site seeing", so after I returned to the room that night, we decided to go out and take some night photos. I also snapped a few the next morning on our way out.

This was the view of the bay from where we were staying.

We stayed at the Jekyll Club and this was the "cottage" that we stayed in. The grounds are beautiful with lots of spanish moss trees, tons of courtyards, fountains and gorgeous scenery.


This was a spanish moss tree off to the side, that for some reason I thought looked really neat, so I took a photo of it.

One of the pathways leading to the beach



Driftwood Beach

We also rented a Redbug while we were there. For anyone traveling to Jekyll Island, I would suggest renting one. It is kind of like a golf cart, but kind of like a car. It makes you have fun just riding around in it- at least we did =)

If you want a place that has some really neat history, natural beauty and a place to relax and enjoy some time away from it all, this is the place to go.

3 comments:

Mama T said...

I was surfing the blogs and came across yours. You take beautiful photos!

Diego Kiam said...

Hello Blogger..well, first I´d like to say that your pics are just wonderful, my friends and I loved them...After sseing the pictures I felt like getting married lol.
I´d love to know who is the singer, or band in the video..we just loved it.

Congratulations, keep doing this amazing job!!!

Diego Kiam

Brazil

Alisa Lynn said...

Thank you for all the compliments and kind words! The band for the music on the slideshow is by Dashboard Confessional and the song is the single version of "Stolen". Hope this helps and thank you for commenting